Be Vigilant! You Can Prevent Nursing Home Negligence
Georgia Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorneys: Prieto, Marigliano, Holbert & Prieto, LLC
If a parent, grandparent or other loved one is being treated in a nursing home or residential care facility, there are steps you can take to improve the quality of care that person receives. To prevent nursing home negligence and abuse you should know the following:
- Visit your loved one frequently at the facility
- Alter your visiting time so that staff members don’t anticipate your visits and change their behavior accordingly
- Ask questions about the care your loved one is receiving, including their nutritional needs and any medications they receive
- Speak with the onsite medical staff and treating physicians
- Don’t be afraid to be diligent; follow-up with staff about issues that concern you
- Contact an attorney if you suspect your loved one is being abused or neglected
Do not be afraid to ask questions and be persistent – your loved one will receive better care if the nursing home employees know that you are watching their actions and taking note of substandard care. At Prieto, Marigliano, Holbert & Prieto, LLC, our experienced personal injury lawyers have handled hundreds of nursing home negligence and abuse claims. We know from experience that nursing homes respond to complaints and concerns about liability exposure.
Don’t Let the Fear of Retaliation Keep You From Doing What is Right
Know that when our firm gets involved in a case, we partner with the appropriate authorities and agencies to ensure maximum scrutiny of the nursing home in question. By getting an attorney involved in your case, you let the nursing home know that you mean business and substandard care will not be tolerated.
To contact an attorney at Prieto, Marigliano, Holbert & Prieto, LLC, call us at 404-856-0040 or toll free 1-855-329-7144 or contact us by e-mail.